Environmental Committee of European University Cyprus
EUC is committed to promoting green policies for campus and the environment through the EUC environmental committee which has been established since April of 2013. The committee consists of faculty, staff, student representatives and many volunteers. The terms of reference for the environmental committee are the following:
- Provide advice at the EUC administration on environmental issues.
- Submission of proposals and implementation of actions for improvement of environmental conditions of work and study at European University Cyprus.
- Promotion of actions for its "green" policy and networking with related authorities for implementation of environmental priorities.
- Promotion of environmental awareness, development of proposals and materials.
- Establish indicators and targets for sustainability that will enable monitoring, reporting and continuous improvement.
The active members of the Environmental Committee are the following:
- Michalis Mavros – Health and Safety officer – Representative of Administrative Personnel – Coordinator of the committee
- Christie Andreou – Assistant Registrar
- Marianna Dayioukla – Administrator, Managing Director Office
- Maria Christodoulou – Petrou – Events officer
- Elena Gavriel – Secretary, School of Arts & Education Sciences
- Maria Tramountanelli – Administrator, Human Resources Department
- Maria Koliandri – Administrator, Human Resources Department
- Yiolanda Pilava – Administrator, School of Medicine
- Mary Christodoulou – Secretary, Cyprus College
- A Student Representative which is chosen each semester from a different School.
Environmental Committee has also a consulting team which is consisting of the following academic personnel of EUC & Cyprus College:
- Dr. Chrysoulla Thodi – Associate Professor, Audiology – Representative of School of Sciences
- Dr. Mary Eleftheriadou – Associate Professor, Microbiology – Representative of School of Sciences
- Dr. Loucas Louca – Associate Professor, Education Sciences – Representative of School of Arts and Education Sciences
- Dr. Christakis Sourouklis – Lecturer, Business – Representative of School of
- Mr. Nicos Sozos – Instructor, Social Work – Representative of School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Mr. Athanasios Maimaris – Instructor, Computer Science – Representative of Cyprus College.
To visit the official website "EUC Goes Green" please click here http://gogreen.euc.ac.cy/
Contact details of EUC Environmental Committee:
Tel: 22 559580 Fax: 22 713020