The Centre of Excellence in Risk & Decision Sciences (CERIDES) at European University Cyprus focuses on the development, use and evaluation of quantitative and qualitative methods in order to measure, assess, manage and communicate risk, and to analyze, design and implement decision-making mechanisms and systems. Our areas of focus revolve around two basic pillars; risk and decision science with an application to a number of horizontal areas such as: Security, Safety, Cybersecurity, Telecommunications, Critical Infrastructure Protection and Industrial Processes.
CERIDES currently participates in a number of projects in the area of Quantum Communications (funded by the Digital Europe Program). CERIDES is seeking to recruit one (1) Telecommunication Engineer or Senior Telecommunication Engineer for this project.
The profile of the successful recruit is provided below:
University postgraduate degree (PhD level) in a related area and relevant experience on the implementation of research activities (including communication / visibility / dissemination activities). Previous experience in EU-funded projects or other related research projects will be highly appreciated.
Prospective candidates should be able to illustrate their:
- Excellent knowledge of optical communications: optical networks design and evaluation, deployment.
- Technical knowledge of Free Space Optics
- Programming Skills (such as C, C++, Python, MATLAB)
- Experience in Quantum Communications networks (Quantum Cryptography, Quantum Key Distribution) will be considered as advantage.
- Experience in writing articles for publication
- Understanding and application of dissemination and communication strategies and plans, and their respective application in research projects.
- Excellent communication skills and very high-level proficiency in English language (both oral and written).
- Willingness to travel to Europe or abroad, and travel to international training meetings, courses and any fieldwork, as requested by the specific project (taking into account the current pandemic limitations).
- Ability to function as a team member, work independently, and take responsibility for own project goals.
Candidates should submit:
- A motivation letter
- Copies of relevant qualifications
- 2 Recommendation letters
We offer a fixed-term position, for the total duration of 18 months that can be extended up to 30 months starting from the 15th of January 2023, or at the earliest date possible after that date.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted to the EUC Research Office at R.Office@euc.ac.cy by the 15th of December 2022.
All applications shall be treated in strict confidentiality and only candidates that meet the job specifications will be contacted.