Medicine – Dentistry
- Completed Application Form
Applicants may apply online here. The application form may also be obtained in person from the Office of Admissions. The completed application form together with a non-refundable application fee of €52 must be sent to the Office of Admissions, PO Box 22006, 1516 Nicosia, Cyprus, or at firstname.lastname@example.org for the MD degree or email@example.com for the BDS degree.
- Academic Records
- For applicants from public and private schools in Cyprus and Greece. Applicants must submit an official copy of their high school leaving certificate (‘Apolyterion’ or its equivalent, such as GCE A’ Level, IB etc.) and marksheet of their secondary school record together with the application. To be considered for admission, candidates must have an average grade of 18 or above (90% percentage grade or its equivalent) on their high school leaving certificate. All applicants will need to have passed Biology plus one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Maths or Physics. The University reserves the right to consider applicants coming from other systems of education considered as equivalent to the Apolyterion or GCE A’ level, IB qualifications.
- Conditional Admission for applicants from Cyprus and Greece. Applicants who have successfully completed the first term of their final year of high school and satisfy all admission requirements (see points 1-7), may apply for “conditional admission”. Medicine candidates will be invited to an interview, the exact dates of which will be announced by the School of Medicine. The School of Medicine reserves the right to conduct interviews with Dentistry candidates to strengthen the selection process. Successful candidates will be accepted conditionally on a rolling basis. Unconditional admission will be granted upon fulfillment of all admission requirements and submission of final high school grades or A’ Level results or their equivalent.
- For all other international applicants. Applicants must submit an official copy of their high school leaving certificate (or its equivalent) and marksheet of their secondary school record together with the application. To be considered for admission, candidates must have an average grade corresponding to 90% or above or its equivalent on their high school leaving certificate. All applicants must have passed Biology plus one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Maths or Physics at their native country’s national exams or will need to have passed GCE A’ levels in the respective subjects or their equivalent.
- Holders of a bachelor’s degree. Candidates who are holders of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant field can be considered for admission (as first year entry). The School of Medicine may consider admission for students with advanced standing who are transferring from recognized medical or dentistry degrees.
- Good Knowledge of English Language Candidates will need to have passed the GCSE or IGCSE with a grade of ‘C’ or above or IELTS with a grade of 6.5 or TOEFL with a score of 213 (550 paper based, 79-80 internet based). Other equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- Voluntary Work Voluntary work experience in a hospital or residential rehabilitation, supportive, palliative care facility or/and charitable organizations and relief missions will be taken into consideration.
- Academic Reference/Letter of Recommendation Applicants must provide an academic reference/letter of recommendation from a teacher or lecturer. The reference must be certified by the school or university with which the referee is affiliated.The reference must be sent by the issuing institution directly to the Office of Admissions or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for medicine and email@example.com for the dentistry.
- Personal Statement All candidates must submit a personal motivational statement written in English. This personal statement should outline who you are, what makes you unique from other candidates and what motivates you to pursue a career in medicine or dentistry.
- Interview Selected medicine applicants will be invited for an interview. When necessary, the University will conduct interviews via Internet. Applicants called for an interview will be asked questions about their motivation, work at school, broader knowledge foundations, hobbies and personal interests. Applicants will need to produce evidence of their academic performance and credentials. Applicants will be notified of the exact date of their interview. Selected dentistry applicants may be called for an interview at the discretion of the School of Medicine.
- Confirmation of Offer Selected candidates will need to confirm acceptance of the offer within one week of admission notification. Confirmation will require a down payment against tuition of €10,500 for MD Doctor of Medicine and €10,950 for Dental Surgery. The remaining amount, €10,500 and €10,950 respectively, will be settled in January.