Visa Requirements (Non - EU students)
All international, non-European Union students need to obtain a visa to study in Cyprus. Student visas are issued in Cyprus, a copy of which is sent to successful applicants. After receiving a letter of acceptance from the Office of Admissions, students must apply for a visa by submitting the documents listed below to the University (Office of Admissions, International Office, 6 Diogenes, 2404, Engomi, Nicosia, Cyprus) in English, at least three months prior to the beginning of the semester:
- Certified copy of relevant academic records in English
- Undergraduate students: certified copy of High School Leaving Certificate and grade marksheet
- Master students: certified copy of bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, or certified copies of professional qualifications
- PhD students: certified copies of bachelor’s and master’s degree
- Certified copy of a valid passport, valid for a minimum of two (2) years
- Certified English language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Certified original letter attesting to good conduct, issued by the police authorities in the student’s country of citizenship, confirming a clear criminal record. The letter of good conduct should be issued no more than 6 months before the date of submission of documents for visa approval.
- Certified original health certificates for HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and syphilis and a chest X-ray report (for tuberculosis). Health certificates should be issued no more than 4 months before the date of submission of documents for visa approval and must be issued only by public hospitals.
- Certified original bank letter and recent bank statement confirming that the student or sponsor (parent(s)/guardian(s)) has sufficient funds to finance the student’s fees and living expenses in Cyprus. The amount indicated on the bank letter and bank statement must be equivalent to at least €7,000. The bank letter should be issued no more than 6 months before the date of submission of documents for visa approval whilst the bank statement must show the transactions of the last two months.
Note: Visa Requirements vary according to the country of citizenship, for further information on visa attestation procedures please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com
Payment of Fees
Upon receipt of an acceptance letter from the University, undergraduate students are required to submit a down payment of €1,100 and postgraduate students a down payment of €500.
Your application for admission to European University Cyprus is subject to approval by the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Cyprus Migration Office. Student visas are issued in Cyprus. Upon approval, a copy of the original Entry Permit (Blue Slip), will be sent to successful applicants by the Office of Admissions.
A Temporary Residence Permit (student visa card) will be issued after students arrive at European University Cyprus and complete all necessary admission, registration and payment requirements. International students holding a student visa must be enrolled for full-time study.
Tuition fees vary according to program of study and are charged per teaching hour and not the number of credits. Any balance will be set off against the next semester’s fees. No refund will be given for any credit balance.
Payments for the tuition fees can be paid in monthly installments. Final adjustments to tuition fees will be made after the student registers at European University Cyprus.
A total payment of €3,000 against tuition fees should be made to the Office of Admissions (prior to sending the visa required documents) via bank transfer or online. The Cyprus Migration Department will NOT accept applications for a student visa if the University is unable to present evidence of payment.
An additional immigration charge of €175 for the issuance of the student visa card is payable by the student, in cash, after arrival in Cyprus.
- Alien Certificate (€70)
- Temporary Residence Permit (€35)
- Health Certificates (€35)
- Chest X-Ray Report (€20)
- Document Attestation (€15)
Note: Upon arrival, students will need to open a bank account in Cyprus and deposit the total amount of at least €2,000
** Students are kindly requested to use one of the following methods of payment:
- Select European University Cyprus
- Select the payment account:
Tuition & Fees or Housing Fees
- Every new user has to make a simple registration on the website. If you already have an account just log in and proceed with the card information
- BANK DEPOSIT
- Bank of Cyprus
Bank Name: Bank of Cyprus
Account Name: European University – Cyprus LTD Account Number: 0136-11-007463-00
- Hellenic Bank
Bank Name: Hellenic Bank
Account Name: SPS Institute of Education Ltd Account Number: 121-01-030320-01
NOTE: Always quote your Reference number or Passport Number and Name of Student when making payments. Tuition fees are expressed in euros (€), the official currency of Cyprus. Students are advised to make payments in euros.
- A student who fails to register because he/she has not completed the process of admission or was refused a Cyprus entry visa is entitled to a refund, provided the Office of the Registrar is notified in writing. An administrative charge of €175 will be deducted, covering visa and bank expenses.
- A student who fails to register and does not enter Cyprus, even though an entry visa was issued, is entitled to a refund provided the Office of the Registrar is notified in writing. An administrative charge of €175 will be deducted, covering visa and bank expenses, as well as the International Student Guarantee of €342.
- A student who fails to register but does enter Cyprus is entitled to a refund, provided the Office of the Registrar is notified in writing. An administrative charge of €175 will be deducted, covering visa, bank, and other expenses, as well as the International Student Guarantee of €342.
When entering Cyprus (Larnaca or Paphos International Airport) all international students should also have the following with them, to ensure entry to the country:
- The original (or copy) Entry Permit – Blue Slip, issued by the Migration Authorities of Cyprus
- The receipts (or copies) indicating total payments of visa and registration/tuition fees to European University Cyprus
- Official bank receipts from the bank in your country to prove the transfer of payment to the university
- Cash in hand of at least Euro €2,000 to cover personal expenses (meals, books, accommodation, etc.)
- Acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions
- A valid passport