Deadline : 31st of January 2023
The CERIDES – Centre-of-Excellence in Risk and Decision Sciences, of the European University Cyprus, has the Vision to become the leading Mediterranean institution of research and applied activities and praxis, in the domains of Occupational Safety & Health, Disaster and Emergency Management, and Safety & Security, and to foster long-term international collaborations leading to safer and more secure societies in the region. CERIDES currently coordinates and/or participates in a number of projects in the domains of Disaster & Emergency Management, Occupational Safety & Health, Safety & Security. The main funding-sources of CERIDES projects are the European Commission’s Horizon-2020 “Secure Societies”, HORIZON-EUROPE “Cluster-3 Civil Security for Society” and DG-ECHO, but we also operate projects within other national (e.g. RIF-RESTART-Integrated) and international (e.g. H2020-MSCA-ITN, HEU-CL6-GOVERNANCE, HEU-WIDERA-Twinning) schemes and programmes. In line with our vision, mission, and plan for strategic growth, CERIDES seeks to recruit an excellent Research-Management-Administration professional for the role of Research Programmes Manager (RPM).
The profile of the successful recruit is provided below:
- University degree (at any level) in a related area and relevant experience on the implementation of research management and administration activities (including communication / project-management / reporting / visibility / dissemination).
- Previous experience of at least five (5) years in EU-funded projects or other related research projects is required.
Prospective candidates should be able to illustrate:
- Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders, both electronically and face-to-face.
- Ability to develop and manage project documentation.
- Project-Management and Financial-Management skills and expertise.
- Understanding and experience in competitively-funded grants/projects (preferably of the EU).
- Understanding and application of dissemination and communication strategies and plans, and their respective application in research projects.
- Excellent communication skills and very high-level proficiency in English language (both oral and written).
- Willingness to travel to Europe or abroad, and travel to international training meetings, courses and any fieldwork, as requested by the specific projects (taking into account the current pandemic limitations).
- Ability to function as a team member, work independently, and take responsibility for own project goals.
Candidates should submit:
- A motivation letter
- Copies of relevant qualifications
We offer a fixed-term position, for the total duration of 18 months, starting from the 15th of February 2023, or at the earliest date possible (even before that date).
How to apply
Applications should be submitted to the EUC Research Office at R.Office@euc.ac.cy by the 31st of January 2023.
All applications shall be treated in strict confidentiality and only candidates that meet the job specifications will be contacted.