Fall Semester 2020: Updated Important Information for new & current students
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (UPDATED 16/09/2020)
European University Cyprus (EUC) is looking forward to welcoming new and returning students this Fall Semester 2020. Throughout these unprecedented times and in preparation of the upcoming semester, our top priority has been the safety and well-being of our university community, while ensuring that our programs of study continue to maintain the highest academic standards. Committed to the best quality of your educational experience, we have made every effort to ensure that the COVID-19 pandemic has minimal impact on your studies this Fall 2020.
Below please find important information about your studies at EUC for the upcoming Fall Semester 2020.
Fall Semester 2020 begins
The 2020/2021 academic year begins this Fall Semester on 28 September 2020. European University Cyprus is taking all possible measures to ensure your ability to begin your studies on time. We understand that some of our international students may be unable to travel to Cyprus due to problems related to the pandemic, including international travel restrictions, visa issuance delays, medical reasons, or other reasons. Similarly, we understand that some of our local students may also be unable to come to campus, for similar reasons.
While we are prepared for your return and recommend that our international students make every effort to be in Cyprus, we would like to assure all of our students, that no one would be excluded or penalized for not being able to be on campus this Fall Semester. For those of you who will not return to campus, we have ensured that you will have full online access to all EUC teaching and learning activities, until each student is able to join us on campus.
Mode of delivery for conventional courses
The conventional courses for Fall Semester 2020 will be taught in the following ways:
- Certain courses will be delivered entirely online.
- Laboratory, art and practical courses will be offered in a blended mode, which includes both online and face-to-face teaching with simultaneous online delivery from the EUC campus through live transmission of sessions for those unable to physically attend. Face-to-face sessions will vary in number and frequency depending on the discipline. Laboratories, studios, clinical spaces and practical areas will be open and social distancing measures will apply.
- Specific courses will be offered entirely face-to-face (with simultaneous online transmission from the EUC campus)
Please view HERE the schedule of classes with information regarding the mode of delivery for each course.
Students’ attendance of their online/blended/campus classes is mandatory. EUC regulations continue to apply as posted HERE.
Mid-term & Final Exams
All exams (mid-term and final exams) for the Fall Semester 2020 will take place online and students will not be required to be on campus for the exams. The only exception will be the exams of specific courses that will be delivered face-to-face or in a blended mode, as described above. These exams will take place conventionally. More information will be provided in due course.
Due to the unprecedented circumstances and issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Health and Safety Office, in close cooperation with the Operations Department of the University, has taken all necessary measures to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and the disinfection of the University campus for the health and safety of our community and guests.
In addition, strict health protocols when people entering EUC campus including employees, students and visitors are already implemented and will continue to apply. People entering the campus must use antiseptic gel, placed at various locations around the campus, for hand disinfection and wear masks in all common areas of the University. Temperature screening by nursing staff will also take place at the entrances of the University. Social distancing measures will be maintained in all common areas.
Student and Administrative Support Services
Student services are operating online to best support the students.
Office of the Registrar & Advising Center
- Student advisors are available remotely for assistance with student advising needs. For Academic advice please contact via email your student advisor HERE or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for the issuance of a student verification, transcript or related documents please send your request to email@example.com . More information HERE
- For student visa matters please contact: Ms. Christina Kolatsi via email C.Kolatsi@euc.ac.cy
- For matters concerning DOATAP and KYSATS please contact: Mr. Victor Hadjiprodromou at V.Hadjiprodromou@euc.ac.cy
- For matters concerning financial aid or scholarships (existing students) please contact HERE
- Students who are fulfilling the Degree requirements may apply for the issuance of their Degree using their student email and password. Payment HERE
- Application fee: 60€ (mandatory)
- Apostille fee: 40€ (should you want your Degree & Transcript to be attested)
- KYSATS fee: 119.60€ (if it is required for your Degree to go through the KYSATS process)
For any inquiries, please contact the Office of the Registrar C.Constantinou@euc.ac.cy
We understand that in these uncertain times you might have concerns. Our dedicated Housing Office team have your health, safety and wellbeing at the heart of everything they do. We will continue to take applications for accommodation. Find out more about housing options available HERE.
Cyprus is one of the safest countries in Europe with very low crime rate. Besides, the government of the Republic of Cyprus has taken early and strict measures to successfully contain the spread of the coronavirus. The country’s quick response received international praise and resulted in one of the lowest rates of infection.
Events & Meetings
We aim to reduce the number of people on campus in order to protect vulnerable populations from exposure and comply with official health protocols. All members of the EUC community are asked to help in this effort. Meetings and events of any size during this semester will be conducted remotely.
For more information, please contact our Events Office, Ms. Maria Christodoulou via email: M.Christodoulou@euc.ac.cy
If you experience any of symptoms of COVID-19, it is of outmost importance to follow the guidelines given from the Ministry of Health and contact:
- Cyprus Ministry of Health COVID-19 helpline: 1420
- Cyprus Ministry of Health COVID-19 questions: 1450
- EUC Health & Safety Office: +357 99578363
- EUC 1st Aid Station: +357 99229297
- 24 hour dedicated ambulance service for COVID-19: +357 22887171
- Health Promotion & Disease Prevention (Ministry of Health) +357 22605-659/ –601
- Wash your hands with soap and water or with alcohol hand sanitizer several times a day
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell