In light of numerous EU provisions and calls to action and the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU (2008), stating that “The Union shall contribute to the development of quality education by encouraging cooperation between Member States and, if necessary, by supporting and supplementing their action, while fully respecting the responsibility of the Member States for the content of teaching and the organisation of education systems and their cultural and linguistic diversity”, the CICEE-T tackles the development of the first culturally informed digital coaching education toolbox on safe sport (SS) to address the common need of combating psychological, physical, and sexual forms of interpersonal violence in sport in a seemly way for countries of the north Mediterranean (NM) region. The project intends to enhance the skills, competences, and knowledge of sport coaches in Cyprus (CY), Greece (EL), Italy (IT), Malta (MT), Spain (ES) and Portugal (PT) on SS and safeguarding sport from violence via upscaling the SS education provided by sport coach education stakeholders. The common practice of ‘importing and translating’ centrally developed guidelines (e.g., from IOC, EC, northern EU) through the CICEE-T is substituted with a culturally informed approach that is built bottom up and takes into account the key cultural characteristics of the six NM partners, as well as their unique needs in SS coach education, delivered in their official language.
The OBJECTIVES of “TITLE” project are:
The CICEE-T has four specific objectives to reach within 36 months:
- To develop background knowledge of (a) Safe Sport (SS) coach education initiatives in all partner countries, (b) cultural barriers manifested in sport for the North Mediterranean (NM) countries, and (c) beliefs formulating coaches’ intentions for receiving SS coach education and delivering SS coaching in the NM countries.
- To design and develop the CICEE-T e-toolbox, containing digital culturally informed coach education on SS for the prevention of violence in sport, an evaluation system for its education outcomes and a monitoring system for its use.
- To implement, evaluate and refine the CICEE-T e-toolbox in a pilot study conducted in the NM partner countries.
- To evaluate the CICEE-T project impact (process and outcomes) and to disseminate the CICEE-T e-toolbox, steps followed for building it and knowledge/outcomes developed.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The employee will be responsible for:
- Data collection based on the Project’s Work Packages
- Guiding and monitoring the European partners in the mapping process of policies in each country
- Compilation of reports
- BSc. in Sport Science and Physical Education, or BSc. in Education
- Postgraduate degree in Sport Sociology or Sport Management
- PhD or past experience in research or Erasmus + Projects, or past experience with policy in relevant issues will be considered an advantage.
The successful candidate will work closely with Dr. Antonis Alexopoulos, who will be directly responsible for the day-to-day management leads and will ensure that all milestones and deliverables are met on time and to target.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an EU funded project in a thriving research environment.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to R.Office@euc.ac.cy by the 24th of July, 2022