The Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Cyprus and European University Cyprus, co-organize on January 26, 2017, the “Energy Critical Infrastructure Protection Symposium (ECIP) – Challenges of Energy Critical Infrastructure Protection: Current situation and future research work”. The Symposium will be held at the university’s premises from 15.00 to 18.30 and it is conducted on the side of the 3rd meeting of the Protection of Critical Energy Infrastructure Experts Group of the European Defence Agency (EDA).
The ECIP Symposium aims to present:
- the Critical Infrastructure (CI) operator's view on the Critical Infrastructure Protection,
- the challenges pertaining to the protection of the CI with a focus on Energy related ones and,
- an overview of the research work that has been done so far in order to identify the capability gaps and way ahead with the aim to ensure CI's resilience
The Minister of Defence Mr. Christoforos Fokaides and the Rector of EUC Prof. Kostas Gouliamos will address the audience. The Workshop will be moderated by Dr George Boustras, Director of the Center of Excellence in Risk and Decision Science (CERIDES) of European University.
Distinguished speakers of the Symposium are:
- Mr George Papanastasiou, Managing Director VTT Vasiliko.
- Mr Michalis Papamicael, Security Manager, NOBLE ENERGY, Cyprus
- Dr Jaroslav Hajek Subject Matter Expert, NATO Energy Security Center of Excellence.
- Dr Georgios Leventakis- Senior Advisor, Center for Security Studies, Hellenic Ministry of Interior.
- Dr Naouma Kourti, Join Research Center, European Commission.
- Dr Athanasios Sfetsos, ERL, Institute of Nuclear & Radiological Sciences & Technology, Energy & Safety, National Centre for Scientific Research “Demokritos”, Greece
- Mr. Adam Slolyak- DG Energy, European Commission.
The Symposium is open to the Academic Community and the public, however, due to the limited availability, the seats, will be allocated on the first come first served rule.
To register to the symposium click here. The Symposium organizers will confirm your participation via email.