“The CERIDES Center of Excellence in Risk & Decision Sciences is unique in its field,” Foreign Minister Nicos Christodoulidis said at the 2nd Annual Symposium “Nicosia Risk Forum 2019”. The conference offered high-level information and enhanced the knowledge of participants, while it led to a better understanding of the important issues related to the critical area of risk forecasting and management. #NRF2019 focused on the risks of climate change.
Foreign Minister Nicos Christodoulides who was the keynote speaker said in his speech: “Since its establishment, the CERIDES Center of Excellence has been providing a truly holistic approach to both academic and business groups in an interdisciplinary way. For these reasons, and as a result of the professionalism that characterises CERIDES, it secures significant EU funding. The team, led by Professor George Boustras, has raised the bar in the field of risk analysis. Let me assure you that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs supports, recognises, and values your work and is ready to develop further cooperation”.
This year’s conference was attended by:
– European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, Dr. Christos Stylianides
– Deputy Government Spokeswoman Mrs Klelia Vassiliou
– the Secretary General for Civil Protection of the Hellenic Republic, Mr Nikolaos G. Chardalias
– The Head of the National Emergency Management Agency of Israel, Mr. Zeev Tsuk-Ram, VOVA
– the Commander / Chief of the Cyprus Civil Defence, Mr. Andreas Frantzis
– the Director of the Department of Forests, Mr. Charalambos Alexandrou
– Deputy Fire Chief Mr. Polis Chatzivasiliou