Deadline : 31st of January, 2022
Organisation Unit (Faculty/School/Office, etc): European University Cyprus, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, CERIDES.
Background (summary of the project 1 paragraph):
Cybersecurity is an indispensable aspect of digitization. The Cybersecurity Skills Alliance – New Vision for Europe – REWIRE project develops a Blueprint for the Cybersecurity industry and a concrete European Cybersecurity Skills Strategy. It brings together 25 partners from academia and VET, cybersecurity industry, non-cyber industries, certification partners and umbrella organizations. Its work builds upon four pilot projects: CONCORDIA, SPARTA, ECHO, CyberSec4Europe implemented with the support of the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
The OBJECTIVES of “REWIRE” project are:
REWIRE addresses the skill gaps and shortages in different occupational profiles and qualifications of the Cybersecurity Sector.
Overall Purpose of the position:
The employee will be responsible for:
- Participating/managing cross-discipline project teams for internal or project level activities
- Complete actual deliverables with regards to cybersecurity education that EUC participates into
- Planning and Tracking project schedule and major outcomes (incl. deliverables and milestones)
- Supervising, coordinating and/or executing project related or non-project related technical tasks
- Handling of communication both within the group and with external partners (academia/research, industrial, public authorities)
- Reporting on both technical and management level on the projects on the level of deliverables, technical and management reports (Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of idea->proposal->project->delivery of final outcome.)
This is for a part – time Researcher position – BSc/MSc (PhD will be considered an advantage) degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering or similar degree.
- At least 2 years work experience in related sector
- Ability to manage and control large scale projects involving multi-disciplinary teams respecting project objectives, requirements and constraints
- Ability to coordinate local teams and consortia to fulfill the project objectives
- Ability to analyse, interpret as well as communicate data
- Ability to work with agreed deadlines
- Ability to travel abroad if needed – all expenses will be reimbursed from the project
- Be physical present in Cyprus and at the University (for the days and times agreed)
- Eagerness to expand on the work conducted under this project
- Fluent oral and writing English skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent command of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams)
- Excellent knowledge on coordination skills utilising online tools
We offer a part-time fixed-term (32-month) position, for the duration till the end of the REWIRE project.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an EU funded project in a thriving research environment.
Candidates should submit the following documents to R.Office@euc.ac.cy by the 31st of January, 2022:
- A motivation letter
- Copies of relevant qualifications