Deadline : October 30, 2020
The establishment of the School of Medicine at European University Cyprus has been pivotal to the institution’s aims to be part of the country’s prominence as a regional educational provider. The organization of the School of Medicine is based on EU directives and international standards, and it has been founded in collaboration with distinguished scholars from Cyprus and abroad. The School of Medicine is characterized by a dynamic learning environment which enables students to develop the necessary skills and attributes required to practice medicine through high teaching methods delivered.
European University Cyprus encourages applications from candidates with a strong research record, as it aims to join prestigious world rankings such as Times Higher Education, QS in the next few years. Successful candidates can benefit from a significant reduction in their teaching load from the first year of their employment. The reduction in teaching load will depend on the quantity and the quality of Scopus publications they (co-)authored in the last five (5) years.
The School of Medicine, Department of Medicine seeks to recruit qualified academics at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor in the following discipline:
- Pathophysiology (Associate Professor or Professor)
- Medical Research (Senior Medical Research Scientist) (Associate Professor or Professor)
Duties and responsibilities:
- As described in the University’s Charter by Laws
- Doctorate degree (PhD, holder in the relevant field)
- Technology oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Global mindset
- Student Oriented
- Team Worker
- Emotionally Intelligent
Former Teaching Experience:
- For the rank of Associate Professor at least 8 years of continuous academic and research experience in renowned academic institutions is required
- For the rank of Professor at least 12 years of continuous academic and research experience in renowned academic institutions is required
The qualifications that can substitute the Doctorate for the election and promotion in the field of Medicine are:
- For the rank of Associate Professor: the candidate (i) holds a post of Associate Professor or a post of a higher academic rank, in a Medicine specialty of a recognized University or a post of Assistant Professor in a Medicine specialty of a recognized University, having at least four years experience in it, or (ii) holds a diploma in Medicine and a Medicine specialty and at least ten years of work experience, after obtaining a diploma in a recognized Medicine School or at a recognized Research Institution (Institute) or Tertiary Hospital (Hospital).
- For the rank of Professor: the candidate (i) holds a post of Professor, in a Medicine specialty of a recognized University or a post of Associate Professor in a Medicine specialty of a recognized University, having at least four years experience in it or (ii) the candidate holds a diploma in Medicine and a Medicine specialty and at least thirteen years of work experience after obtaining a diploma in Medicine, at a recognized Medicine School or at a recognized Research Institution (Institute) or a Tertiary Hospital (Hospital).
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of qualifications
- 2 letters of reference
Submission of Application:
Please submit, electronically, all required documents to the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel: +357- 22713061.
Deadline for applications is set for October 30, 2020; however, applications received after the deadline will still be accepted as the positions will remain open until filled.