Deadline : 30 August 2023
European University Cyprus (EUC) is a leading international university, which stands apart for its high academic values, modern campus and commitment to the wider community. Dedicated to teaching excellence and academic and scientific research the university has recorded astonishing growth over the last decade. It boasts a student enrolment of over 8,500+ and consists of six schools, the School of Medicine, the School of Dentistry, the School of Sciences, the School of Business, the School of Law and the School of Humanities, Social & Education Sciences offering internationally recognized undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degree programs. In addition, the university operates a Distance Education Unit. European University Cyprus has been ranked with an overall assessment of 5-Stars by QS TOP UNIVERSITIES (QS Stars University Ratings, 2021). The annual Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings placed EUC among the world’s top 201+ universities in the field of Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, Decent Work and Economic Growth and Good Health and Well-being.
As part of its international outreach, European University Cyprus (EUC) is offering the following fully-accredited , Franchised EUC programs at Minjiang University in Fujian, China.
The European University Cyprus is seeking to fill positions of Special Scientists or Scientific Collaborators to teach the following disciplines for its two programs of study “Computer Engineering (4 years/240 ECTS, B.Sc.)” and “Electrical and Electronic Engineering (4 years/240 ECTS, B.Sc.)”. These will be offered at by Minjiang University in the People’s Republic of China, Fuzhou City, Fujian Province,:
Computer Engineering (4 Years/240 ECTS, B.Sc.)”
- Advanced Computer Organization and Architecture
- Embedded Systems
- Information Security
- Wireless & Mobile Networks
- Network Fundamentals
Electrical and Electronic Engineering (4 Years/240 ECTS, B.Sc.)”
- Power Engineering
- Electronics II Laboratory
- Microprocessors and Microcomputers
- Microprocessors and Microcomputers Laboratory
- Data Communications and Computer Networks
Duties and responsibilities:
- Upon employment, the selected applicants will need to be able to work on a full-time basis for at least one semester at Minjiang University, Fuzhou City, Fujian Province, People’s Republic of China
- Follow the learning and teaching processes as directed by the decisions of the European University Cyprus’s Senate and University’s Council
- Follow the academic learning model set by the European University Cyprus and deliver the curriculum accordingly
- Support students attending the program in their education at the International Digital Economy College, Minjiang University
- Collaborate with all departments within European University Cyprus and Minjiang University that have an impact on students’ learning experience and the curriculum’s implementation
- Master or Doctorate degree in the relevant discipline/s (or equivalent qualifications)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Holder of an EU passport – eligible to work in EU
- Technology oriented
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Global mindset
- Student Oriented
- Emotionally Intelligent
The knowledge of Chinese will be considered as an additional advantage but not a requirement
- The University will assist and arrange all financial and procedural details regarding the relocation of the successful candidates to China.
- This is a paid appointment.
- The positions are for a fixed period of time depending on successful candidates’ availability (1 semester or more)
- The applicant must confirm that upon employment he/she is able to work on a full-time basis for at least one semester (Fall 2023 [Sept2023] or S2024 [Feb2024]) at Minjiang University, Fuzhou City, Fujian Province, People’s Republic of China and indicates the semester they would be able to start their employment.
For more information:
- Maria Koliandri (firstname.lastname@example.org Tel :22713061)
Applications should include the following documents:
- Letter of interest which indicates the particular position(s) they are applying for
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of qualifications
All short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview (online or on-site if feasible) according to the regulations of the European University Cyprus.
Deadline for applications is set of Wednesday 30th of August 2023