European University Cyprus is a thriving, international university which grew out of Cyprus College over 60 years ago. Known for its student-centered, technology-driven and employment-focused academics, EUC attracts students due to its rich past, its exciting present and its bright future.
For a fourth consecutive year European University Cyprus has been ranked among the world’s top 201+ universities in the 2023 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings with regard to Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, Decent Work and Economic Growth and Good Health and Well-being.
- European University Cyprus establishes the School of Medicine—Frankfurt Branch, offering the same award-winning infrastructure and facilities and globally-recognized degree program in this central European hub.
- EUC is awarded the prestigious ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is ranked among the best work places in Cyprus.
- European University Cyprus receives an overall assessment of Five Stars by QS Top Universities (QS Stars University Ratings, 2021). In addition, the University receives the highest Five Stars rating for Teaching, Online Learning, Inclusiveness, Internationalization and Employability, and for the strength and competitiveness of the MD Medicine program.
- European University Cyprus ranks among the world’s top 201+ universities in the 2021 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings in three key sectors: Innovation, Industry and Infrastructure; Actions on Climate Change and Decent Work & Economic Growth.
- Set up both to deliver excellent dental care to patients and to provide a clinical setting to train Dentistry students, the EUC Dental Clinic is established in a purpose-built, state-of-the art facility on campus. The oral care provided by our dental students is overseen by highly experienced dentists, dental specialists and university professors. Patients receive high quality treatment at reduced fees while students gain essential experience in an ideal learning environment.
- The Bachelor of Dental Surgery program receives the Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE) approval as the program follows the ADEE guidelines for the Profile and Competences for the Graduating European Dentist.
- European University Cyprus is ranked among the world’s top 101+ universities in the 2020 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings with regard to two key sectors: Innovation, Industry and Infrastructure and Actions on Climate Change.
- The program “Doctor of Medicine” of the School of Medicine is fully accredited through the process of the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME).
- European University Cyprus ranks among the 301+ universities on the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Inventor of World Wide Web, Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, is awarded an honorary doctorate by the School of Sciences and the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Mr. Laurant Fabius, President of the French Constitutional Council and Former Prime Minister of France, is awarded an honorary doctorate by the School of Law
- The EUC Medical School Program (Doctor of Medicine, MD) is officially recognized by the European Parliament and Council on the IMI (Internal Market Information System) platform.
- European University Cyprus becomes part of Galileo Global Education, Europe’s largest higher education group with a network of 42 institutions present in over 80 campuses in 13 countries and over 110,000 enrolled students
- The European Commission awards European University Cyprus the “HR Excellence in Research Logo”
- The School of Medicine welcomes its first dentistry students for the five-year course in Dental Surgery
- QS TOP UNIVERSITIES assessment grants European University Cyprus highest distinction of five-Stars in Employability
- The first Dentistry program in Cyprus is launched
- U-Multirank places European University Cyprus among the first 150 Universities of Europe for “Applied Knowledge Partnership” and among the first 300 Universities for “Research and Research Linkages”
- University receives EFQM 5-star accreditation for excellence
- European University Cyprus becomes signatory to the Magna Charta Universitatum & the Magna Charta Observatory
- U-Multirank grants European University Cyprus the highest ranking in two key strategic areas, Research and International Orientation
- European University Cyprus is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world for “Energy and Climate Change” by UI GreenMetric World Ranking Universities
- QS TOP UNIVERSITIES (QS Stars TM) assessment grants European University Cyprus highest distinction of five-Stars in Teaching, Facilities, Inclusiveness/ Student Support, Social Responsibility and Internationalisation
- The only Microsoft Innovation Center in Cyprus is established, one of only 110 centers worldwide
- The President of Greece, Mr Prokopis Pavlopoulos receives an Honorary Doctoral degree from the School of Law
- School of Medicine receives two first prizes for ‘Best Medical Installation’ and for ‘Best Education Solution’ in the Crestron International Awards Competition
- 2009 Nobel laureate in Chemistry, Biochemist Ada E. Yonath is awarded Honorary Professorship by the School of Medicine
- 1988 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry, Biochemist Robert Huber is awarded Honorary Professorship by the School of Medicine and joins faculty as Visiting Professor
- The European University Cyprus’ School of Medicine is established
- The Distance Education Unit is established
- Former US President Bill Clinton is the keynote speaker at European University Cyprus event on campus
- The first ‘Science Shop’ in Cyprus is inaugurated, implementing one of the EU’s largest research programs
- European University Cyprus is granted University status by the Republic of Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture
- European University Cyprus joins the Laureate International Universities network
- The College’s Diplomas, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are accredited by the Cyprus Council of Educational Accreditation
Under the leadership of Director-General, Dr Andreas Eleftheriades, Cyprus College gained official registration with the Ministry of Education and Culture, with 1,000 students and 26 programs of study.
- Ioannis Gregoriou establishes the first Business College in Cyprus under the name Cyprus College